Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

All Things New!!!

2 Corinthians 5:17 - "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

A new house, a new car, a new boat; there is something exciting about owning something new. But after a while, it seems to loose its luster. It fades with time regardless of what the material possession may be and then we find ourselves ready to move on to something more exciting and new. Now when I placed my faith in Christ and what He did for me on the cross, I received a brand new life that never looses its luster or newness. My old lifestyle and the baggage of sin and death that I carried truly passed away and in Christ I became a brand new creation. Oh what a change He has wrought! I left darkness and entered light, I passed from death to life, I was alienated from God but now I am near to God, I was an enemy of God but now I am a child of God. I was once living under condemnation but now I am justified as innocent in His sight. I was polluted but now I am washed and sanctified. I was once devoid of His Spirit but now I am the temple of the Holy Ghost. It's not something new that we need to look for, it's just that we need to take another look and see what He has done in us, for us and through us and to see that God has made all things new.

No comments:

Post a Comment