Total Pageviews

Friday, February 25, 2011

This is that!

Acts 2:16-18, 39 -- " But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:...For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call."
This is that...the day that God fulfilled His promise of making His home within man (John 14:23). No more temple...nor more tents and buildings...now God will dwell in man. We are the habitation of God through the Spirit (Ephesians 2:22). What a hope, what a consolation, what a joy this is! God in me and with me. I am not only changed and made new by Christ, but now I face life with the eternal God dwelling within. Jesus told us that all power in heaven and earth was His and that He (all power) would be with us forever (Matthew 28:18-20). Now, that gives courage and comfort in such a world as this. Paul said it clearly: "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you (1 Corinthians 3:16)." Yes sir this is that and I rejoice that it is...the reality that God dwells within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment