Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Right mindset

Acts 20:22-24 - "And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God."

Talking about having the right mind set, Paul displays it here. He knows that he is heading to Jerusalem and that once he arrives there, it will be trouble for him. How did he know this? The Spirit of God had revealed this to him. How would we react? How would this affect our plans in life? As a child of God, you need no reminding that this life is filled with tests and trials, but we know that "all of these things work together in our lives for the good purposes of God (paraphrase of Romans 8:28)." We must be willing to keep moving forward in Christ in spite of the struggles and testing. If we will walk on, we will always find that we never walk alone, for Christ said that He was with us always (Matthew 28:20) and that is a promise that you can trust in. Charles Spurgeon once wrote: "Walk with God and you cannot mistake the road. You have infallible wisdom to direct you, permanent love to comfort you, and eternal power to defend you." Let your mind be established in this truth, that adversity is always a part of life, but I am made more than a conqueror through Christ who loves me (Romans 8:37). Victory is ours because it was first His. Go forward in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment